Butter Garlic Crab
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 whole mud crab
- 75g butter
- 50g garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 10g fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 1–2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- coriander leaves
- spring onion, green part, sliced
- In a large Raco wok, add 100g butter a drizzle of EVOO and garlic and fry until golden but not dark. Keep on a medium heat. (6-7 minutes). Add ginger, chilli and cracked pepper.
- Prep the crab, twist and pull the legs from the body. Remove the shell from the body up to release it from the main crab shell and remove the feathery gills. Split the claws into two and crack and split the body into 4 pieces. Remove and discard any loose shell fragments before adding to the pan, and add 100ml water. Cook over a high heat for 4 minutes until shell has changed colour. Add lime juice, coriander, green part of spring onion and serve with a soft buttery bread.