Cookie Spiced Playdough
yield: 1 BIG BATCH OF PLAYDOUGH
prep time: 5 MINUTES
active time: 5 MINUTES
cooling time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
estimated cost: $5
This cookie spiced playdough smells delicious, makes your hands smooth, is easy to make and fun to play with!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tbsps cream of tartar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp food colouring (optional)
- 2 cups boiling water
- Mixer (optional)
- metal bowl
- measuring cups
- Cookie Cutters
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Add the food colouring and vanilla to the oil, then add to the dry ingredients.
- If you are using a mixer, turn it on, on low and start adding in the boiling water. By hand: start adding in the boiling water and stirring rapidly with a wooden spoon.
- Add it slowly, increasing the mixer speed to medium, mixing until the dough comes together. By hand: continue to mix, adding in more water until the dough comes together.
- You do not need to add all the water. On average I use between 1.5 and 2 cups each time.
- When it is a well formed dough, stop mixing.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Can be stored in an airtight container.
If you live in a hot location or it is very humid- best stored in the fridge.
Related product: Kids in the Kitchen set