Skewered Prawns and Mexican Superbowl
Recipe by The Healthy Cooks for Circulon
Serves: 4 Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 5 mins
- 2 cobs of sweet corn - corn kernels removed
- 1 large red capsicum - washed, halved, seeds removed and flesh diced 1cm cubes
- 20 cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 large avocado - halved, seed removed and flesh roughly chopped
- 1 bunch coriander - washed, dried and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic - peeled and finely minced with salt
- 1 red birdseye chilli (optional) - deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 limes - one juiced and zested and the other cut in half
- 20 Tropic Co Aussie Tiger Prawns - peeled and deveined with heads intact if possible
- Cockatoo Grove Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Murray River Salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
1. Place corn, red capsicum, cherry tomatoes, avocado and coriander into a large mixing bowl.
2. Pop the garlic, chopped red chilli and the juice and zest of one lime in a glass jar or jug and add a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, fit with a lid and shake to combine. Set the salad and dressing to one side.
3. Thread 4-5 prawns onto a bamboo skewer and repeat with remaining prawns. Place on a large plate and season with sea salt and pepper and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
4. Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the prawns and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the prawns change colour and are golden on one side. Flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. While the prawns are cooking, place the lime, cut side down in the pan and cook until caramelised.
5. While the prawns are cooking, pour the dressing over the salad and with clean hands, gently toss to combine.
6. Arrange the salad on a large serving platter with the prawns and charred limes nestled next to it and finished with a drizzle of olive oil.